Indoor and Outdoor Spaces
Indoor and Outdoor Spaces
The ResoArt Villa can be found right next to the recently renovated City Park, at the end of the City Park Avenue (Városligeti fasor in Hungarian), which is one of the most beautiful streets of Budapest. In the 19th century, this was the direct way leading to City Park. Today, as you walk along the Avenue in the shade of the gigantic chestnut trees, many Historical and Art Nouveau villas -most of them beautifully renovated-are there for you to admire.
To reach the part around the ResoArt Villa, the visitor walks under the majestic crown of a purple Acacia tree that is more than a hundred years old to find a statue collection hidden among the shades of ancient trees and blooming bushes. The rich ornamentation of the Villa attracts attention with its unique window shapes framed with lion heads, peacocks and sprawling plant tendrils while the gables show the allegorical figures of visual arts and architecture.
Entering the building, the first space is the beautiful, two-storey high hall, on the south side of which, the large, colorful, Art Nouveau glass window letting light in was designed by Miksa Róth. The main theme of the window is the blue flowered Iris, which can also be found on the wrought-iron handrail of the marble staircase leading to the first floor but this time enclosed in red flames. The atmosphere of the hall is almost esoteric due to the ethereal painting of the walls as well as the two cloud-like chandeliers.
On the ground floor of the Villa, an event space of three mergeable rooms has been created. It is suitable for exclusive events of up to 65 participants. The useful floor area of the three rooms add up to 104 square metres (41;33;30). The three spaces can be completely separated so there could be three simultaneous events of different topics being held at the same time. 65 chairs can fit in the event rooms in a theatre kind of manner. In case of seated catering, 32 guests seated at tables of fours can be served by an external catering company.
The garden can be approached by the tinted glass paneled omega door of the café. Weather permitting, the area behind the Villa surrounded by trees is ideal for outdoor events of 60-65 participants. There is a fixed, 4×4 metre gazebo, in front of which outdoor presentation or a reception can be held.
Third party catering is possible.
In order to avoid damages to the artifacts, serving hot meals is not permitted. We suggest finger food, creme de la creme or other cold buffet solutions.
- Suitable technical background is provided for sound and screening.
- A Steinway grand piano is available for musical performances.
- Good quality Wifi is provided for all the spaces of the building.
- Guests can use the cloakroom opening from the hall.
- The Villa – as a result of its authentic renovation- is not barrier-free.
- Limited parking is available in the park area upon previous agreement. Furthermore, the Múzeum Parking Garage (Múzeum Mélygarázs) is highly recommended with its 800 parking spaces. It is accessible from the Dózsa György út in the section between Damjanich and Dembinszky utca.
- Guests wishing to arrive to ResoArt Villa on foot are recommended to use Metro 1. This way, before the event they are visiting, they have the chance to look around City Park, take a look at all the architectural beauty like the House of Hungarian Millenium, The House of Music Hungary or the neighboring Museum of Ethnography.